Equity in Action Summer Internship Program (EASI)
The Equity in Action Summer Internship Program (EASI) at Rutgers University is a successor of the Bridging the Gaps (BTG) Program at University of Pennsylvania. In 2022, 14 students from six RBHS schools participated in the inaugural RU-EASI program and provided 343 days of service to five community sites.
In 2022, the RU-EASI students:
- Developed a vaccine hesitancy program for maternal and child health community workers and parents and families.
- Created an online navigation tool that provides individuals with disabilities and their families with the information they need to access and navigate the state’s system of services.
- Served the homeless community by joining the social service team on rounds in the community to provide services and food and created and compiled health education resources for vulnerable populations.
- Crafted workshops and provided individual case management to residents in permanent supportive housing.
- Increased access for parents and childcare centers/providers to resources on how to prevent and address childhood lead poisoning.